Friday, November 27, 2009

Still trying

I am still going to the gym. I can't believe it. I haven't been perfect but I have been pretty good. Jennifer lost her job last week, it was very hard on all of us. But for the first time in my life I didn't feed her. I called her and had her spend the night with me. I told her if she would come over we would get up and workout together in the morning. WHAT??? I have never offered to workout with my daughter. NEVER!! To exercise through stress and not eat????? It was wonderful! We did our workout routine and then went down to the pool and walked and walked in the lazy river. We talked and laughed and felt great. I still can't believe it. Of course, par for the course I locked my key inside my locker with my purse!!! We both learned how to use bolt cutters that day! And we laughed about it!!

I have been trying to eat less and drink more water. I even took a bottle of water to the movies with me! I have never ever done that. I grab a bottle of water as I go out the door now instead of a can of pop. I am not perfect but I am better, I am trying.

Thanksgiving was yesterday. We stayed home all day. I did not overeat. I had and egg sandwich and a grilled cheese that day. No whining, no feeling sorry for myself. It was just another day and I chose to stay home and be alone. It was nice.

I realize that this will be the only way things will work for me. I am just trying to do better not diet. Yeah for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment